Free School Meals (FSM)
Could your child be entitled to Free School Meals?
If so your child and school can benefit in many ways even if your child does not want to take up school breakfast and lunches.
If eligible for Free School Meals your child can benefit in many ways even if your child does not want to take up school breakfast and lunches. As well as receiving the equivalent of £390 per year in free school meals, you could also get help with costs for schools trips or revision materials for your child. You must however, register for Free School Meals to receive this financial support.
Criteria for Free School Meals:
Your child/children may be eligible for Free School Meals if parents/carers in the household receive any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get
Further Information: DfE_Free School Meals_Parent Carer FAQs
Applying for Free School Meals/Pupil Premium
Completing this form enables the school to check eligibility for Free School Meals and also Pupil Premium, which is additional funding that can be claimed from the government to support a student in school. Pupil Premium is awarded to schools where a student has been registered as being entitled to Free School Meals in the last 6 years. Students are also eligible if a student is a looked-after child, has been a looked-after child or if parents are regular members of HM Forces.
We can check you child's eligibility for free school meals if you complete one of the forms below. (link below) and return it to Mrs Higgs.
Download Paper Form: Free School Meal & Pupil Premium Eligibility form Please return to the school addressed to Mrs D Higgs
Complete Online Form: Free School Meal Eligibility & Pupil Premium Application Form
For further information please contact Mrs Higgs at Debbie.Higgs@threerivers.thpt.org.uk