The Three Rivers Academy Work Experience week will take place between the 13th -17th July 2020.
Work Experience is:
- An organised educational activity that forms part of a student’s work- related learning.
- Students go to work for an employer for a week.
- Students carry out a variety of tasks and activities much as an employee would.
- An unpaid activity.
The benefits of Work Experience are:
- Develop responsibility and resilience.
- Gain new skills (specific to a sector as well as general employability skills).
- Interact with people outside of your social circle and learn about work place etiquette.
- Develop an understanding of whether or not a career is right for the young person.
- Supports applications for colleges, universities, apprenticeships and careers.
- Having a clear goal and aspirations helps students to achieve at school.
Students at Three Rivers academy are expected to organise their own placements every placement will be expected to provide evidence of public liability and employer’s liability insurance. For more information about work experience please visit http://www.hse.gov.uk/youngpeople/workexperience/
The placement forms that need to be completed before work experience can be agreed are linked below